Schwarzes Hamburg

• 19 Mai 2024, 00:16:31
  • Willkommen Gast
Bitte logg dich ein oder registriere dich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
Erweiterte Suche  

Autor Thema: US Elections 2004-BUSH WINS !  (Gelesen 5947 mal)

Mr_Bateman

• Gelegenheitsposter
US Elections 2004-BUSH WINS !
« Antwort #15 am: 11 November 2004, 21:45:39 »

Well the difference I see is that the hippies were a sub-culture.  The things they thought were morally alright were not given much weight by the mainstream culture.  Now we see a more relaxed moral code online, on tv, and in movies, and it is accepted by people who aren't "on the fringe".  It's becoming normal for normal people.

Your point about a true Christian is valid, but you're asking people to think for themselves.  A lot of Americans do (Bush only won by about 3%), but these religious types are the ones that also believe heavily in patriotism - to the point that they get angry when someone says something negative about the US.  These aren't thinkers, these are cattle.  If you can't discuss the problems in a country how can you fix them?  Personally I've never figured out the enigma of the Christian businessman, but half this country seems convinced that God loves capitalism.  <shrug>  The problem isn't that they have different beliefs, it's that they just believe whatever they're fed (polls showed that most Bush supporters still think Iraq is hiding WMDs) and when you challenge their views (which they can't defend) they get angry.  This goes for politics AND religion.  And they're completely uninformed also, due to their tendency to oversimplify things - most have no idea what the Kyoto Accord is.  Whether or not it's correct to point out, there is a MASSIVE overlap between uninformed, gullible Bush supporters and American Christians.

Sodomy does mean sex with animals, but it also means anal sex.  It's kind of a catch-all word for deviant sex.  But the law was mostly used to target gays, since I don't think goat-fuckers were coming out of the closet anytime soon.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sodomy

I'm not sure how Germany is with it's Muslim population, but after visiting Holland and having *every single* Dutch person I talked bitch about Morrocans/Turks, and then walking around and seeing everyone intimidated by groups of 5+ young guys (and zero women) I sympathize.  Our Latinos may or may not be worse, (I personally think they're better because they try and adopt the host country's culture) but they simply aren't a big enough part of the population to be a pain in the ass.